Pink - I think this colour typically connotes femininity, and is used a lot in Top of the Pops. However my target audience is slightly older and listens to different music so the pink is darker than the hot pink Top of the Pops displays and also has some red tones because red connotes passion and love.
Blue - I've chosen a pale pastel blue for my colour scheme because it compliments the pink and purple very well. While blue is normally associated with males, I think the pastel colour is much softer and fringes on purple which makes it appropriate for my female target audience. Furthermore the pale blue connotes a tranquility I think is essential because I want my magazine to be all about fun, music and lifestyle, not any conflict.
Purple - my other two colours are very passive and pastel so this purple is very bold and royal. This colour suggests extravagance which relates to the lifestyles of the big celebrities I will feature. Furthermore, one of the themes I really want to come across is feminism and the power of successful women, so a strong colour is vital in promoting this. This colour will appeal to my target audience as it is very girly (like the pink) but still has deeper connotations of the values I want my magazine to portray.

No comments:
Post a Comment